Sunday 8 January 2017

Hami

Who is Hami ?

I grew up in small town Owen Sound on the bottom of the Bruce Peninsula among the Great Lakes of Canada.

My mother was the owner and operator of Riverforest Montessori School which is where I got a my love for learning. My father was a physical education teacher at a high school which is where I got my love for being active.

I left high school after grade 12 and went west to the mountains. After working on beaches and ski slopes a friend came over and told me Taiwan would be fun so I went there at the age of 20. I studied Mandarin Chinese and taught English part time.

I later returned to Canada and went to Montessori Teachers College in Toronto. I went back to Taiwan and studied philosophy and music history while teaching and living in Kaohsiung.

I came upon Permaculture through a friendly neighbour while I was living on Monkey Mountain in southern Taiwan and did my PDC course in 2015 with Geoff Lawton.

Now in 2017 I have a wife and we are back in Canada about to start a round the world tour in an effort to gain more hands on experience in the sustainable agriculture, building, and design fields.

Enjoy my observations and interesting permaculture ideas from around the world.

H -

No comments:

Post a Comment